Learning to sell
1. Lead Generation: The journey towards a sale starts with generating leads. We can either scout potential customers ourselves (our friends, family, colleagues, etc.) or enlist third-party services (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Fiverr, Hunter, etc.) for lead generation.
2. Data Collection: Once we've identified a lead, such as John Snow from Snowflow, we gather key details: company website, email, and phone number.
3. LinkedIn Outreach:
- We initiate a connection on LinkedIn, accompanied by a tailored note.
- It's essential to invest a quick 2 minutes to extract an interesting fact from their website to personalize our invitation. For instance, if they've recently uploaded a YouTube video on data analysis, we could commend them for it. This step demands creativity and genuineness.
4. Email Communication: After establishing a LinkedIn connection, we follow up with our email script.
5. Further LinkedIn Interaction:
- If they accept our LinkedIn request: A direct message (DM) is sent after 24 hours, reminding them of our email.
- If they don’t accept the request: We still proceed to the next step.
6. The Phone Call: Regardless of their response (or lack thereof) to our email or LinkedIn connection, we make a phone call. This step is non-negotiable. Every lead, regardless of their position or the stature of their company, receives a call from us.
Remember: Sales thrive on volume. The more people we engage with, the higher our chances of success.